Saturday, July 10, 2010

New Post! Tell Your Friends!




The TDF is well under way, and the blogs are all hashing and rehashing it to death. I don't have a lot to add to the hash, so instead I'll go with an update on the TDG (the Tour de Gravel in Mammoth Cave National Park, which diurnally features various people who probably shouldn't be riding bikes in public). Thursday, I was near Park City when someone began shooting at me--and then of course, I realized by own bike was shooting me. Specifically, the back tire was shooting sounds of distress at me, probably because of the 26" tube I had put inside the 28" tire. As the photo (undoctored--no doping here) shows, it pretty much exploded. I did, however, have the good fortune to spot this interesting display of flowers not far off the path. I would no doubt have pedaled past without noticing if not for the flat. I did not, however, see the woman emerging from the woods. She is entirely the product of imagination--not, unfortunately, mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment